Welcome to the Chevy Camaro Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Chevy Camaro Forum > Camaro Generations > 5th Gen

5th Gen 2010 - ???? - The Camaro is back from a long time off. Lets talk about the newest 5th Camaro here.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
mmcelwee228

Default Attempt to change eval vent solenoid valve?
2011 Camaro RS...
Just over 30K miles the engine light came on and at same time my remote start would not work. I had a friend use his nifty diagnostic reader which reported a 0449 error; which he cleared and my remote start worked again. After about 500 miles the same deal. The error code has to do with the "eval vent solenoid valve". Is this something I should have the dealership deal with, even though it's not covered under warranty, or can I give it a shot?

Thanks
mmcelwee228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #2

theholycow

It's evap, not eval. It's part of the evaporative emissions control system, which captures fuel vapors from the tank and fuel delivery system and feeds them back into your engine to be burned as fuel instead of letting them escape and go unused/pollute.

It was easy to replace on my 2002 GMC Sierra and shouldn't be too hard on the Camaro either. It's not something deep inside the engine where you have to take everything apart to reach it. It's a fist-sized gizmo bolted to the underside (probably, or possibly under the hood) with a few hoses and wires going to it. I imagine on the Camaro it's in a tight spot with not a lot of room to work, but probably no need to take stuff apart to reach it.

Here's what it might look like:

Old 11-29-2016, 10:06 AM   #3
next453

I'm new and I'm interested in this topic. Thank you!

Last edited by next453; 01-02-2017 at 03:37 PM.
next453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:11 PM   #4
Desy111

For a very long time I was looking for information on this topic. Thanks to all!
walmart live well 1800 number

Last edited by Desy111; 11-20-2017 at 05:13 AM.
Desy111 is offline   Reply With Quote