Welcome to the Chevy Camaro Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Chevy Camaro Forum > Forum Info > Suggestions and Feedback

Suggestions and Feedback Please post in here if you see something wrong with the forum or if you have any suggestions to better CamaroTrax.com.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:44 AM   #1

Shaggy
Administrator

Default Well what do think??
What should I do. What should I add to make this a cool camaro site? I know I need to advertise, but what else do I need to do? A new skin, a new header, something unique that no other camaro site has(which I think everything is covered)? Fill me in on some ideas?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #2

shsportsfan12

I personally like the color layout and what not. I do feel it's missing some sort of visual stimulation though. Some pictures on the top (think GMFS) would be good.

Making it specifically for North America wouldn't be a bad idea either...it will really fix up all the recent spam

shsportsfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:24 AM   #3

theholycow

I was thinking about this...instead of trying to think of what to do to pull people in to the site, it would make more sense to think of what people do that brings them to a site. That would generally be a search. Common SEO practices would apply (sorry, I don't know anything about SEO), but more importantly, there needs to be content.

Well, what kind of content? Camaro content, obviously. If someone googles for a the answer to a Camaro question, CamaroTrax needs to be at the top of the list for the answer. This means having unique content, or having popular content that gets linked here instead of being linked elsewhere.

You could accomplish this by integrating a Camaro wiki database, or simply by posting lots of content-rich threads. A real winner would be if you could get licensed to provide Camaro repair manuals from Chilton/Haynes/Helm/whatever. Preferrably, something better than what AutoZone's site offers; then word of mouth would bring enough people in for the necessary critical mass. I wonder how much it would cost to get EBSCOhost's Auto Repair Reference Center in here...not that I expect that you have any real budget, I know I wouldn't.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #4

Shaggy
Administrator

Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
I was thinking about this...instead of trying to think of what to do to pull people in to the site, it would make more sense to think of what people do that brings them to a site. That would generally be a search. Common SEO practices would apply (sorry, I don't know anything about SEO), but more importantly, there needs to be content.

Well, what kind of content? Camaro content, obviously. If someone googles for a the answer to a Camaro question, CamaroTrax needs to be at the top of the list for the answer. This means having unique content, or having popular content that gets linked here instead of being linked elsewhere.

You could accomplish this by integrating a Camaro wiki database, or simply by posting lots of content-rich threads. A real winner would be if you could get licensed to provide Camaro repair manuals from Chilton/Haynes/Helm/whatever. Preferrably, something better than what AutoZone's site offers; then word of mouth would bring enough people in for the necessary critical mass. I wonder how much it would cost to get EBSCOhost's Auto Repair Reference Center in here...not that I expect that you have any real budget, I know I wouldn't.
With the wiki idea, google will not place CT high with that, as its a non unique review/text. What we need here is the content rich/original posts as you said. The posts that no other site has. Thats where the diffecult part comes in. I have to do alot of tweaking to the meta tags to get this site on the top of th elist with google. I could try to spam other camaro sites, but I am not one that likes doing that. Maybe a front page with news of the 5th gen? Not sure, but I want to try anything.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:59 AM   #5
4SHONGO

Start by at least putting a pic at the top of the forum of all the gen Camaros. I almost thought that this was just for the new Camaro when I came here for the first time. Some of the lets just say more seasoned Camaro owners will want to see more Muscle Cars at the top!!! Nice site so far.
4SHONGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:51 AM   #6

Shaggy
Administrator

Are you talking about the header?