View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 12:24 AM   #3

theholycow

I was thinking about this...instead of trying to think of what to do to pull people in to the site, it would make more sense to think of what people do that brings them to a site. That would generally be a search. Common SEO practices would apply (sorry, I don't know anything about SEO), but more importantly, there needs to be content.

Well, what kind of content? Camaro content, obviously. If someone googles for a the answer to a Camaro question, CamaroTrax needs to be at the top of the list for the answer. This means having unique content, or having popular content that gets linked here instead of being linked elsewhere.

You could accomplish this by integrating a Camaro wiki database, or simply by posting lots of content-rich threads. A real winner would be if you could get licensed to provide Camaro repair manuals from Chilton/Haynes/Helm/whatever. Preferrably, something better than what AutoZone's site offers; then word of mouth would bring enough people in for the necessary critical mass. I wonder how much it would cost to get EBSCOhost's Auto Repair Reference Center in here...not that I expect that you have any real budget, I know I wouldn't.